14 Ways To Prevent Blockages In Your Drainage System
Having A Blocked Drain System Is Not Something You Can Predict. This can possibly lead to hazardous situations such as flooding, air pollution and leakage because of stagnant water that collects in the drain. Through routine check - ups and tweaks, these setbacks can be easily avoided.
A clogged drain is caused by the accumulation of debris, small objects, grease, or the intrusion of tree roots into your drainage system. Sometimes, the external main lines may contain large clogs, even when there are none in your house pipes.
If You Stay Faithful To These Fourteen Rules, You Can Help Stop Your Drains From Blocking
1. You can use a plunger to clear minor blockage.
2. Raise the stoppers in your bath tub and clean out debris. Before you put the stopper back in its place, make sure it's well cleaned.
3. If You Shed A Lot Of Hair, Make Sure You Put A Mesh Over The Bath Or Sink Drain Before Washing It. Just like you don't let food particles go down the kitchen drain, you shouldn't let your hair get into, and clog, the bath drain.
4. Brush your hair before showering or bathing to collect loose hair on your brush instead of in your drain.
5. Get a plumber to professionally install covers or debris catchers over your drains. Use A Non - Corrosive, Bacteriological Drain Cleaner.
6. Think ahead before planting trees or flowers near your drainage system's pipework.
7. Invest in an annual contract with a drainage company so you have someone to call even for basic upkeep. Derby Drainage in Derby can offer a competitive deal in maintenance services. The drainage system of your home will benefit from maintenance and telling your family about this is a good idea.
8. Avoid corrosive acidic cleaners. In the long term, their corrosive action damage your pipes.
9. You Have A Separate Dustbin For A Reason. Don't throw foreign objects down them.
10. Avoid letting the following substances go into the drain grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medication, cosmetics and similar items.
11. When it comes to your toilet only water, urine and human excretions should go down and nothing else.
12. Straighten A Wire Coat Hanger And Bend One End Of It To Form A Hook. This Hook Can Slip Past Your Drain Cover To Fish Out Accumulated Debris From Your Drain.
13. Prevent grease from accumulating into your drain by pouring salty, hot water through your sink.
14. There are, of course, many other tips for maintaining your drainage system, some of which are unconventional. Just make sure that you go do not use acid solutions.
If you have tried all of the above tips, but are still having problem's with blocked drains or slow drainage, don't try and force the blockage, as this can lead to damages. Instead of getting frustrated, contact a plumber as soon as possible. The specialists at Derby Drainage are your best option if you live in or around Derby.